similar Romper HERE
Day 1: Beautiful, Beautiful Weather!!! so…. naturally, we sat by the pool all day! ordered pizza, snacked on fruit, and soaked up the sun! Our resort has multiple pools, with swim up pool bars, and jacuzzi jets! makes for some entertaining scenery 😉 I feel like the first day of vacation is always used for settling in, resting, and playing catch up from all the traveling.
Day 2: We toured our resort (Pueblo Bonito), had the best breakfast buffet, watched the Olympics, then headed into town for dinner at Mi Casa! Also… we made a late night Starbucks run! & yes, they have a Starbucks here!!!! how perfect, right!? I went with Matcha 😉
Day 3: spent the whole day preparing for a hurricane — yes, a hurricane!! omg and did it rain!!! it poured… on & off all day! We originally scheduled a “swim with the dolphin” excursion but the weather was not in our favor! after venturing out on the flooded roads & searching for the place, turns out only 3 of us really had the heart to get in the pool, with a full blown storm (and it wasn’t me — I stayed buried inside)
Day 4: forecast called for rain…. & surprise!! It ended up being a beautiful day! I started my day at 8 AM with a facial.. they did a radiation therapy on my skin that increased blood flow circulation. It was the first time I have ever had this technique done on me but I loved it.. afterwards my skin felt absolutely amazing!! Around lunchtime we sat by the pool, then headed out for our afternoon, ATV Excursion!!! It was so, so, so, so much fun!!! highly recommended doing this! It’s great family fun & definitely a memorable experience! here are some pics 😉 (excuse the iPhone quality)
Day 5: my last & final day 🙁 literally spent my entire day by the pool, soaking up every bit of sun!!! then we headed off to eat dinner at The Office as a farewell family dinner!! lazy days, with good dinner are my favorite!!
Recommended Places to Eat
- Maro’s Shrimp– for an appetizer the chips & salsa are great!! then for dinner I ate lobster tail (2 of them- boiled) & grilled medium shrimp!!! it was a great portion, for a great price!
- Mi Casa Authentic Mexican— omg the tortillas are hand made right in front of you & literally to die for! order the guac, salsa trio, & queso and you are in business!!!
- The Office- it’s a must!!! the environment is soooo much fun!!!!!
- Cactus ATV Ride- my dad & I both agreed, Best Excursion Ever!!!!!!!!
- Dolphin Tour- we will be going back next time there isn’t a hurricane 😉