New Year, New You!? Isn’t that what we always say?? After the holidays I’ve told myself I am getting into a workout routine and not letting myself slack! So… I am sharing it all on here so you gals can help hold me accountable 😉
& this post comes from so many requests! Since I started my blog many people have asked what my eating habits are, how often I workout, what routines I do, do I prefer cardio or weights.. So today, I am dishing all the details!
- How often do I workout? 4-5 days a week
- What’s my favorite cardio workout? Stair steppers.. I use to be super into running, but now I am trying to switch it up!
- Favorite weight machine. Lat Pull Down
- Favorite Ab Workout. 8 minute abs on Youtube!! Y’all gotta try it! Plus the two exercises I show below.
- I recommend trying HIIT on the treadmill! It really gets your heart rate up and burns more calories rather than just jogging.
- To maintain my weight I try to use my FitnessPal to count my calories. It’s good for logging your meals and tracking your exercise.
- Here’s an example of a workout weekly schedule I use:
- Monday- Legs (Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extension)
- Tuesday- Abs (Sit Ups, Crunches)
- Wednesday- Arms (Biceps Curls, Tricep Dips, Overhead Press, Bench Press)
- Thursday- Cardio (Running, Jogging, Elliptical, Stair Steps)
- Friday- Legs (Squats, Lunges, Wall Sits)
- Saturday- HIIT Workout, Abs
- Sunday- Rest Day
Exercise 1: 90 Degree Lateral Dumbbell Arm Raise – I love this exercise because it’s great for your shoulders! I do 3 sets, 10 reps.
Exercise 2: Stability Ball Crunches – I recommend these over basic crunches. It allows you to crunch with a full range (forward & back) versus ones on the ground.
Exercise 3: Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press- Another great exercise for your shoulders and arms!
Exercise 4: Stability Ball Tummy Tucks- I like these because they work your lower & upper abs. At first these can be kinda tricky because it’s hard to grip the ball.