Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!
This week I am sharing some posts about where I am from & my favorite local spots!
To kick the mini series off I decided to shoot this look right in the heart of downtown Henderson! Kind of a funny story my, mom and I dodged some traffic between the lunch hour and 5 P.M… but we had fun doing it, so that’s all that really matters, right?
Here are some fun facts about Henderson!
- It’s located on the Ohio River.
- It is locally known as the ‘Tri-State Area”
- In the 18th century Henderson hired Daniel Boone to survey the land
- Before WWI Henderson was said to have more billionaires per capita than any other city in the world.
- Our first post office was established in 1801
- W.C. Handy use to live in Henderson. Each year we offer one of the largest outdoor free concerts in the U.S. in honor of him.
- A few scenes from the League of Their Own were filmed in downtown Henderson.
- One of our main attractions is John James Audubon Park.
- We are known for one of our Horse Parks, Ellis Park, formerly named Dade Park.
- The only major sporting event we have ever held was in 1994 and it was the Bambino World Series.
- Nearly 10,000 acres of our city is wetland.
- Henderson ranks in Kentucky’s Top 3 corn and soybean producers.
- We are a major producer of coal.
- We have eight elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school.
& the list could keep going! Hope you all enjoy today’s post!
Shop my look with the links above or by clicking on the pics below! This is top is one of my absolute favorites! The big bow is just gorgeous & the bell sleeves are adorable!