All last week I shared some of my favorite moments from my India trip. Today I’m launching the travel vlog, tomorrow I’ll be sharing my Taj Mahal pictures, and Wednesday I’m writing about what India taught me (traveling, life, blessings, love.. all of it!) Honestly, I could probably share blog posts over the next week or two from this trip but to keep y’all entertained I’m picking and choosing.
There’s so much to talk about with you all I’m not sure where to even begin. If you’ve been following me for a while now, then you probably know about all the troubles we encountered with this trip. For starters, our e-visas weren’t approved in time. We had to reschedule the entire trip. It was such a mess. Then the day we get ready to leave C forgets to print his e-visa (insert laughing emoji). I told the entire story in this post. On top of all the little things, I think the hardest physical thing about this trip was the time change and jet lag. I never really adjusted to the 9 1/2 hour difference. My sleep schedule was all thrown off and still is. Every night, around 3 – 4 A.M I wake up and can’t get back to bed until around 8.. It’s so bad.. I’m hoping melatonin fixes this issue ASAP! But I’ll take a little lack of sleep for every moment I got to experience. I’ve said it a million times, and I’m saying it again, “this trip was AMAZING.”
Here’s a look at our overall itinerary:
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday Morning- Tour Jaipur- The City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Textile Shop, Stone Jewelry Workshop, The Palace of Wind, Amber Fort & Palace, The Monkey Temple, Flower Market, Spice Shop, Brila Temple, The Water Palace, & Camel Ride)
- Sunday Afternoon – stopped at the
- Monday- Visit the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, watch craftsman make marble pieces
- Tuesday- Tour Brila Temple in New Delhi, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Foreign Embassies, India Gate, Lotus Temple, & Qutub Minar
And a roundup of Instagram Pics!
To expand a little more on our itinerary and a recommendation of the places you must see/visit if you’re traveling to India!
We spent our first two days in Japiur and I felt as if we could spent our last three there as well. There were so many things to see and experience.
- Jantar Mantar- The Astronomical Sight! Clint really enjoyed this!
- Visit a Wood Block Printing Textile Shop- So neat to see how the design textiles and fabrics!
- Watch craftsman shape and polish stones into jewels- The ruby stones were my favorite! (even though amethyst is my birthstone)
- Stop by The Water Palace (although you can’t go in it, it’s beautiful to see!)
- Taj Mahal- If you only see this, then I think you’re set for life! It’s the main attraction!
- Sheraton Four Points Hotel- we stayed here and highly recommend it! The rooms were perfection and they had a great assortment of restaurants and food!
Since we only had 1 day here (well like half a day because we went to the airpot around 5 P.M.) we tried to squeeze everything in! It was a great day but also very tiring! I recommend spending two days there!
- India Gate – it’s a must
- Brila Mandir Temple- I told Clint this temple reminded me of Disney World. Something about the architecture was so whimsical.
- Lotus Temple- truly an amazing work of art! seriously, a building that’s a work of art.. you gotta see it!!
Hope you all have enjoyed all the posts up until now! Please let me know if you have questions or comments!! And I would love feedback on my vlog! This is my first one, so it was definitely a learning experience! It took me forever to edit, cut, add music, sound over.. and I probably could’ve spent even longer on it. For now, this is what I’m working with & I’m pretty proud of it!! There will definitely be more to come!