About a week ago I ventured out on a family trip, clear across the United States, and contemplated ever coming home! I totally loved it out there! So many things to do and see. So many places to eat and shop! Like most travelers, I fell in love Hollywood & L.A.
Here are some of my recommendations on where to eat, stay, and shop!
- Rodeo Drive- this is the main street for upscale shopping! Even if you aren’t looking to spend a lot of money it’s still a neat area to check out and walk around
- 3rd Street Promenade- This shopping complex was near our hotel. It had a variety of different stores consisting of all the brand names!
- Urth Caffe- my brother took us here the first afternoon we were in L.A.! Their pizzas/flatbreads, salads, sandwiches, & desserts were great! we sat outside and enjoyed our lunch! This cafe was definitely a hot spot! It was very busy… but now I know why 😉
- Lemonade- one of my sorority sisters actually recommended this restaurant & it was amazing! Their salads were delicious!
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel – since we only stayed at 1 hotel, it’s all I can really recommend! However, we gave it a 5 star rating! The rooms were very nice, modern, and clean! At night we enjoyed sitting outside around the fire pits, sipping on our drinks!
Places to See
- Venice Beach- This is a fun little area to walk around! They’ve got entertainment on the streets, food booths, and lots of little knick knack shops.
- Santa Monica Pier- If you’re in the mood for a sundae or ferris wheel ride, check out the pier! I recommend going at sunset! You’ll have the prettiest view of the beach!
- The Ellen Show- this was pretty much the main reason we went to L.A.! If you can get tickets, go!!! & check out the Warner Bros Studio as well!
- Griffith Observatory- Although we didn’t have time to tour the facility I would’ve loved to! If I ever go back I’m going to have to check it out! We drove by it when we were looking for the Hollywood Sign and it seemed pretty neat!
I’m hoping to head back out there sometime in the near future! If you have any other recommendations send them my way!!