My hair took a trip to the salon last week and I’m feeling like a new woman! If you’re ever in Athens, make sure you go see Melanie, at Hologram Salon! She’s not only the owner, but she’s a bomb.com stylist too! I’ve been getting blonde highlights for years now… this time was a little different though.. we added some ‘warmth’.. instead of ‘icey blonde’, we went with a more golden blonde. So far, so good! I’m loving it!
Also.. what do y’all talk about with your stylist? Do you chat about the weather? Catch up on each other lives? or just sit in silence? Melanie and I covered just about all those… along with rapping to some music, making jokes, and taking lot’s of Instagram stories! I feel like when I go to the salon, it’s a 2 hour vent sess, and I leave feeling sooo good. anybody else feel the same?
I’ve been using this new shampoo & conditioner for about a week now and I am in love!!! Have any of y’all ever tried this out? Unite has a couple different lines but Melanie recommend the 7 seconds line for my hair! It already has added moisture and shine to my locks. Also, the most important thing is that it protects my coloring and keeps it from fading.
This blue shampoo was created for us blonde gals! I mix in a quarter size amount to my shampoo and leave it in for about 3-5 minutes in the shower. I try to use this 3 times a week! I’ve noticed it gives my hair a more brassy look.
You want instant shine, without lots of added weight to your hair? This is your go to! I add this to then ends of my hair after I get out of the shower and it cuts my drying time in half. This product works as a thermal protector and extends the colors in your hair!
Here are some of the most common hair question I’ve been asked & my tips!
- How often do you wash your hair? I have fine, thin hair, that gets oily pretty easy. To keep from damaging my locks, I try to only wash it 4-5 days a week.. but sometimes I have to wash it all 7! Depends on what shampoo, hair protectant, and oil I am using.
- Any tips for blow drying hair? If you want to add volume I suggest blowing dry your hair upside down. Oh, and always use protectant.
- Have you ever thought about cutting your hair short? All the time.. once a week I probably look at ‘lobs’ on Pinterest. One of these days I might just chop it off. For now I’m sticking to long!
- Will you ever go back to your natural hair color? I was actually thinking this winter I might try to go a little darker.. my roots are a dirty blonde and I’m kinda curious to see what I would like if that was my permanent color.
- Whose hair do you admire? Oh that’s easy.. my dogs! He’s actually sitting right beside me rn and I was just thinking.. man, his hair is soft!
- What’s the least favorite thing about your hair? It’s became brittle. Since I style it so much, I’ve noticed my hair isn’t as healthy as it once was. Melanie recommended I add more protein to my diet, which helps with hair regrowth.