Clint & I have suddenly become last minute people. I, myself, am complete opposite of that. I like to plan, have a schedule, and I hate procrastinating. Jointly, we tend to put things off.. probably because we are so busy and can’t squeeze another thing in our brain. That’s just what happened with our ATL trip this past weekend. I had been telling Clint for about a month (ever since my gfs told me they were going) that we should try to make it down for homecoming. We continuously put it off until Thursday night.
We’re laying in bed, ready to leave the next day, and we finally conclude we’re going to ATL. Nothing like booking your hotel last minute! haha – So glad we actually got to make the trip down! I hadn’t seen most of my college friends since I graduated last December & I forgot how much I truly missed them. We had a tailgate reunion where everyone got to catch up and hang out! Thankful for days like that where you can enjoy good company, food, & weather!
Figured since a lot of you all probably saw my Instastories and Snapchats of what was I up to, that I might share some recommendations! Since we only had a bout 24 hours to squeeze in friends and food our agenda was limited! However we did get to go to some indulge in some of our favorites:
- Yard House- order the Vodka Shrimp Pasta! It’s absolutely amazing!!! Also recommend their caesar salad (comes with a light dressing) and truffle fries!
- Fresh to Order (F2o)- their whole menu is amazing!!!!! plus I can’t get enough of their Mac & Cheese!
- Cafe Intermezzo- I know y’all have heard me rave about this place!!! It’s my all time favorite! Cause tbh, my sweet tooth is uncontrollable!
- Arden’s Garden- After traveling, some wine, and a new bed, nothing helps boost your immune system like the Grand Slam shots at Ardens Garden!
- Insomnia Cookies- mhmm yummy!!! We went Friday night at like 1 AM and it was kind of chilly out. These warm cookies never tasted better!
- Renaissance Hotel- it’s dog friendly and very nice! 5 star rating from us!
If you’re ever planning a trip to ATL and need some advice on where to stay, eat, shop.. places to see, things to visit, just shoot me an email! I would be more than happy to pass along some more options!
p.s.- I think Oslo had just as much fun as I did being back in the city! We got to walk him around his old spots and it just made my heart happy!