I’ve rounded a list of questions and answers I had before committing to this type of facial! Hopefully after reading this post you’ll have a better understanding about this procedure and what it entails.
What is Vibradermabrasion?
- Vibradermabrasion is a mild-to-moderate mechanical peel. This is a procedure that effects the top layer of your skin (epidermis). A hand held paddle is used, that vibrates at a very high speed, and causes the top layer of skin to peel. The vibration is what causes the abrasive particles to dislodge from the topmost skin cells.
Is vibradermabrasion different than microdermabrasion?
- In the beginning I thought these two types of facials were the same thing. I was unsure what the terms actually meant until I went in and met with my esthetician. She explained that they are two different things. Similar procedures, but vibradermabrasion requires a small paddle.
- Both vibradermabrasion and microdermabrasion are said to be risk and pain free.
- Vibradermabrasion and microdermabrasion both treat acne, melasma, sun damage, wrinkles, rosacea, scars, age spots, and pore size.
Why choose vibradermabrasion over microdermabrasion?
- With vibradermabrasion, the only really difference is the technology being used. Personally, I like the vibradermabrasion, followed by the chemical peel. The tool used during the vibraderm treatment takes off that top layer of skin. Then when the chemical peel is applied it exfoliates the fresh skin and helps with cell turnover.
Is vibradermabrasion unhealthy for your skin?
- If anything, it’s the opposite. This facial treatment is a way of exfoliating your skin, in a healthy way.
- Based on your type of skin, the esthetician should be able to select different paddle sizes and speeds to adjust to your skin type. T
Would you recommend this facial or another one?
- Personally, I love this treatment. Although it leaves my skin feeling a little dry a day or two afterwards, the weeks following have great results. My skin feels smooth and glowy. The esthetician told me that with this treatment I would also see a difference when I apply my makeup. So true!!! My foundation goes on so smoothly and I have a very even tint to my skin tone.
What is a chemical peel?
- Following the vibradermabrasion, I received a chemical peel. If you have never had one you are missing out! I got mine first one this year and I think they are the best things ever! Don’t get me wrong, I’ve heard horror stories from girls about peels gone wrong.. flaking, layers feeling off, redness, soreness, blistering.. These were the negatives that made me never want to try it. Then when I spoke with my esthetician she recommend one. I told her my concerns and why I didn’t think it was for me, so she suggested we start with a base level peel. I figured, “why not?” I might as well go for it. So in January I got my first one!
- After receiving my first peel I noticed quite a change in my skin:
- brighter skin with more radiance
- smoother skin – evened out my texture
- my skin absorbs other products better (toner, cream, eye serum, hydrating oil, etc.)
I know there are probably a million more things I could expand on in this post, but I tried to highlight all the key things! If you have any more questions please send them my way!
To all the gals in Lexington, KY and the surrounding areas, make sure to check out Belle Vie Medspa! They have a couple locations, specializing in all your skin care needs! I recommend the vibradermabrasion and chemical peel 😉