Today’s Post is one I’m not only doing for you guys, but myself as well! Lately, I’ve gotten into some bad eating habits because my life is so out of routine. I catch myself eating lot’s of sugary carbs (cereal), ice cream sandwiches (because they are easy to grab), and lots of snacks. The worst part is that I’m snacking on all of these things late at night, when I get home. Usually, when it’s C and I, we grab dinner together, around 6 o’clock. Since I’ve moved to Paducah, I can’t help but stay late at our new house, cleaning and getting it ready. When I return to my in-laws, I start pigging out. I’ve told Clint one of the things I’m most looking forward to about moving into our house, is having our new kitchen. I’m beyond excited to start busting out my cookbooks and new appliances!! Lot’s of meal prep and cooking is soon to come!
While everyone may have their own version of clean eating, I like to classify mine as:
- Staying away from processed foods
- Eating more whole grains and vegetables
- Obtaining a sufficient amount of protein in my diet (this is a hard one for me)
- Not over eating
- Eating only when your body tells you are hungry
- Staying away from any sugary drinks (I ruled these out of my diet years ago)
- Modifying my sweet tooth
When I eat better, I feel better… always!!! So in my efforts to get back on a healthy eating schedule, here are some goals and tips I’ve set for myself:
- Plan my meals out
- Eating a larger lunch and smaller dinner
- Consume healthier fats (olive oil when cooking, natural peanut butter, incorporate more almonds/nuts in my diet).
- Indulge in sweets 3- 4 times a week (ice cream, cookies, cake, pie, etc.). This will probably be pretty hard for me since I’m use to eating them almost everyday.
- Try to eat more dairy. Since, I don’t like milk, I usually turn to yogurt. I need to discover some more ways to incorporate it in my diet.
- Eat more fruits. These days I grab a banana and peanut butter, and go.. I need to tie in some other kinds… berries ( I love every kind), pineapple, grapefruit, etc.
- Incorporate lean meats into my diet. I’ll probably do this through grilled chicken.
On top of replenishing your body with healthier nutrients, there’s also lots of benefits that come along with clean eating:
- Healthier Skin & Hair – whole foods are packed with skin loving nutrients!
- Increased Energy – eating healthier can deliver more stable energy to your body and maintain a healthy level of blood sugar
- Boost your metabolism
- Improve quality of sleep
- Improve your mood (check out this article I found that lists 45 foods that can boost your mood!)
- Reset your digestive tract (consuming the right fiber is key)
If you all have any more recommendations or suggestions send them my way! It’s wedding year and I’m trying to keep my body, figure, and lifestyle very healthy in preparation!
Linked below are also some of my favorite cookbooks! I love, love, The Pioneer Woman! If you’ve never tried her recipes, I highly recommend them! Also, a couple years ago I got really into making smoothies! The superfood smoothie recipe book is a great one!
Thank You to Midtown Market for having me! If you’re from Paducah, you are probably already acquainted with this grocery! Clint has always raved about it and now I’m very excited to start shopping there!