Last night, Clint and I hosted our first dinner party! It was a last minute thing. We went to the farmers market yesterday morning and then decided we should make pizzas, with our fresh veggies! I ended up extending the invite to all his family and a friend.. turns out, this ‘Pizza Bar’ was one good, last minute gig! Keep scrolling to check out the pictures!
For everyone who messaged me about product details, last night on Instagram, here are the links!
While everyone was creating their personal pizzas, I wanted to have a food tray for some munchies! I cut up some fresh fruit and made a rainbow of colors out of the different kinds! This a simple, easy appetizer that’s great to leave out for guests!
Our pizza bar consisted of a variety of toppings, cheeses, and spices!! Clint isn’t big on marinara sauce, so I always get Alfredo sauce for his pizza! Clint and I also don’t eat pork, but what’s a pizza night for our guests without pepperoni!? Had to make sure to include some meat!
For the veggies I set up the traditional…. peppers, mushrooms, and spinach (I put lots of spinach and red peppers on mine!). Some people made fresh pineapple pizza with parsley! It looked delicious!
Also, if you’re on the hunt for a spice rack, this acrylic one is my favorite!
Aside from coke and beer, I thought it would be nice to give our guest a different option for their drink choice! I made an infused water beverage last minute and everyone loved it!
Strawberry, Mint Detox Water
- 9 Strawberries
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- 1 cup of Mint Leaves
- 2 Limes
I’m actually drinking some leftovers of it right now! Taste just as good the second day!
I’ve been trying some new recipes out in the kitchen! I typically like to make my peach cobbler more of like a peach dump cake. I use the yellow cake mix and pour it on top of my peaches. However, I attempted to make a traditional peach cobbler this time. Here was the recipe I used:
- 8-10 fresh peaches sliced (depending on the size of them)
- 1/4 cup of White Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons of Cornstarch
Topping / Crust
- 2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of White Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 10 Tablespoons of Butter sliced up
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all the ingredients in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place peaches in the oven oven for 10 minutes
- While the peaches are cooking in the oven, begin to combine the topping/crust ingredients in a small bowl (expect for the boiling water and butter)
- After mixing dry ingredients together, add the butter, and use a pastry blender to mix all together
- Pour it all over the boiling water and combine until it all comes together
- After the peaches have bakes for 10 minutes, drop large spoonfuls of the topping throughout the baking dish (you’ll see the clumps in my pictures)
- Place back in oven and bake for 35 minutes
Many people have asked for the link to my cooking apron. Unfortunately, I bought this from a local store and had it monogrammed. Here are some similar options though:
Hope you all enjoyed this little glimpse into our pizza party!! Happy Sunday!