Nike Pro Leggings | Nike Pro Metallic Sports Bra | Nike Sneakers | FitBit
New Year, New You!? Isn’t that what we always say?? After the holidays I’ve told myself I am getting into a workout routine and not letting myself slack! So… I am sharing it all on here so you gals can help hold me accountable 😉
& this post comes from so many requests! Since I started my blog many people have asked what my eating habits are, how often I workout, what routines I do, do I prefer cardio or weights.. So today, I am dishing all the details!
- How often do I workout? 4-5 days a week
- What’s my favorite cardio workout? Stair steppers.. I use to be super into running, but now I am trying to switch it up!
- Favorite weight machine. Lat Pull Down
- Favorite Ab Workout. 8 minute abs on Youtube!! Y’all gotta try it! Plus the two exercises I show below.
- I recommend trying HIIT on the treadmill! It really gets your heart rate up and burns more calories rather than just jogging.
- To maintain my weight I try to use my FitnessPal to count my calories. It’s good for logging your meals and tracking your exercise.
- Here’s an example of a workout weekly schedule I use:
- Monday- Legs (Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extension)
- Tuesday- Abs (Sit Ups, Crunches)
- Wednesday- Arms (Biceps Curls, Tricep Dips, Overhead Press, Bench Press)
- Thursday- Cardio (Running, Jogging, Elliptical, Stair Steps)
- Friday- Legs (Squats, Lunges, Wall Sits)
- Saturday- HIIT Workout, Abs
- Sunday- Rest Day
Exercise 1: 90 Degree Lateral Dumbbell Arm Raise – I love this exercise because it’s great for your shoulders! I do 3 sets, 10 reps.
Exercise 2: Stability Ball Crunches – I recommend these over basic crunches. It allows you to crunch with a full range (forward & back) versus ones on the ground.
Exercise 3: Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press- Another great exercise for your shoulders and arms!
Exercise 4: Stability Ball Tummy Tucks- I like these because they work your lower & upper abs. At first these can be kinda tricky because it’s hard to grip the ball.
Shop the Activewear HERE: TEAL SPORTS BRA \\ BLUE OMBRE LEGGINGS \\ CORAL SPORTS BRA \\ CORAL OMBRE LEGGINGS \\ HIGHLIGHTER SPORTS BRA \\ HIGHLIGHTER LEGGINGS \\ PINK SPORTS BRA \\ PINK OMBRE LEGGINGS
Since the start of the new year I have really focused on having a positive outlook on my body, by incorporating different fitness workouts and staying motivated in & outside of the gym! I told someone at work yesterday that I really need to try not to be so hard on myself about my body image. I think so many of you readers would agree with me, when I say we worry too much about our figure and appearance that it’s easy to get caught up in it. Instead, I think we should try to focus on living a healthy life and enduring a positive lifestyle.
Five Tips to Incorporate in Your Life
- Exercise- I find my most productive days are ones that I have incorporated exercise into. Even if it’s only hopping on the treadmill for 15 min, or doing 8 minute abs (my personal youtube favorite lol), something is better than nothing. If you can’t get to a gym do some squats, jump rope (if you don’t have one, get one!), or try to work in some crunches.
- Invest in a Fitness Tracker- There are so many options out there on the market for fitness trackers. I personally love my $50 FitBit! I got my bf the HR one for Valentine’s Day and he is already addicted! It’s a great way to keep you motivated and aware of your daily routines. Remember to try for 10,000 steps a day!
- Set Goals- Focus on how you want to feel and set goals to help you get there. Goals can be anything.. gym goals, eating goals, dieting goals, relationship goals, & etc. Having ideas and routines for your daily life can help you plan your schedule and in the end see whatever results you are working for.
- Sleep- I am one of those people that if I don’t have 8 hours of sleep, you don’t want to be around me. I think sleep is soooo sooo important. It’s your time to let your body rest and replenish for the next day ahead. Sleep studies show that lack of sleep may cause weight gain. Do your body a favor and rest up! shoot for 7 hours at least!
- Maintain a Healthy Diet- I have a severe case of the sweet tooth… but when I eat healthier, I feel 1843098x times better. & don’t get me wrong, I love to splurge.. the weekend is all for splurging! also sometimes, cravings are good & you should satisfy them. at times all I want is Kilwins Cake Batter Ice Cream. Instead of going to get it I end up eating 12 other things, when in reality I should’ve just chose the Ice Cream. Meal planning may be great for you if you are always on the go. and just a little tip, 70% of your health and fitness goals is due to food….. oh, the struggles that come along with trying to stay healthy, eating the good-good, and maintaining your lifestyle.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
If I could link all my favorite activewear and accessories, this blog post would go on for pages!!! I practically live in work out clothes because as a college student it’s what’s easiest! My schedule is constantly changing, I feel like I am always on the go, and whenever I can fit a workout in I jump on it! Plus, let’s not forget how comfy leggings and a tee are! my go-to outfit!! up above are some of my favorite picks! I am love the graphic tees and #3 & #4!! so cute!!! lots of goodies!!!!
now.. on to my fitness tracker!!! I wear my fitbit religiously and swear by it! great way to keep track of your daily exercise and manage your activeness! Listing what the love/hate relationship I have with mine below! & always, if you have any questions.. let me know!!
Shop FitBit models HERE & get your own, personalized cup HERE
FitBit Flex Pros
- comes in various colors
- tracks your sleep patterns
- counts your steps (the best part)
- style your fitbit with different wristbands (Tory Burch bands are my fav)
- not too bulky & shapes your wrist well
- lightweight (sometimes I forget I am even wearing it)
- user-friendly app
- ***** FitBit Aria Scale — this is my fav FitBit feature! tracks my weight & bmi, then logs it in my app!
FitBit Flex Cons
- doesn’t tell the time (I use to have a nike fuel band & the one thing I miss is the digital clock)
- doesn’t track your heart rate or have a gps (but other fitbit models do!)
Shop this Line HERE
at Dillard’s or HERE
Sneakers — NIKE
( I recommend the Frees or Flyknits– they are my fav — but for running, I stick to New Balance for more support)
Nike Tank Top
a Wardrobe Essential — black tennis shoes!!!! everyone should own a pair, because I literally wear mine almost everyday! They go with everything!!! any color, any style.. and they are super sporty!!!
Beside my Nike Tennis Shoes & Nike Black Tank, the entirety of my outfit is from Dillards- the Gianni Binni Activewear! I stocked up on a couple different sets this weekend because they were on sale & I am loving them! The leggings are comfortable and the sports bra is very supportive!
Over the summer I have been slacking on my workout routine. It’s hard to get in a jive when I am always traveling on the weekends & the weekdays are busy with work, school, and errands.
However, when I do find the time to go (at least 2-4 times a week) I like to switch up my exercises. Over a year ago I became obsessed with running, but now that I’m not hooked on any TV shows, I find the motivation hard to run on a treadmill. I get bored easily and it’s too hot to run outside.. So if you’re like me, try running 1/2 a mile, doing the stair stepper 300 steps, and running another 1/2 a mile. Break up your running or do small exercises in between. I find that it’s easier to push myself when I have something else to look forward to!
For weight training– I just kinda do it all. My bf says I need to focus on one area a day so maybe I will start when school is back in session & I get in my daily routine. Until then, just a little bit everyday helps!
I find that when I work out, I feel better- both mentally & physically!
Are you finding it hard to stay motivated? Need some encouragement?
Go buy yourself a new workout outfit!! I swear when I get new clothes, especially workout attire, I find myself wanting to look good in them! It’s like my clothes are staring up at me, saying, “put me on– look good– & feel good — & what better way to get yourself to the gym than having that new outfit to come home to!?